Warranty Terms and Conditions
1. This warranty is given by easycase.com.au ("Warrantor", “us’, “we”)
and applies only to products where a 1 year, 2 year, 3 year, or 5 year warranty against
defects is expressly stated as given in connection with the product listing on jjmall.com.au.
(the “specified warranty period”).
2. This warranty and its terms are given to the named purchaser or buyer of the product to
which this warranty applies (“you”), and is not transferable to any other person.
3. Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer
Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for
any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods
repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not
amount to a major failure (“Consumer guarantees”).
4. These consumer guarantees are different to, and separate from, this warranty, which is
given voluntarily by the Warrantor. The time limit of consumer guarantees varies
depending on the price and quality of the goods and may extend beyond this warranty or
any applicable warranty provided by the manufacturer of the goods.
5. This warranty applies in addition to other rights and remedies you may have under the
Australian Consumer Law or any other law.
6. Subject to the terms and conditions of this warranty, where your goods are defective
within the specified warranty period, the Warrantor agrees to provide you with a
replacement (where available) or a store credit or a refund for the full amount of the
purchase price if a replacement is unavailable.
7. The specified warranty period commences on the date the product is delivered to your
nominated delivery address. Where no proof of delivery is available, the specified
warranty period commences upon receipt of the goods by you or 3 days from the date the
goods are despatched to you.
8. In the event you require assistance, please contact Customer Service:
via email: [email protected]
Instructions for returning goods are provided by Customer Service.
9. All warranty claims must be directed through Customer Service. Please do not return or
post items before obtaining instructions from Customer Service - if you do, there is a
risk that your returned item may not be identifiable and your claim may not be
accepted. In order to make a claim, please be prepared to provide Customer Service with:
1. details of the defect or damage in relation to which you are making a claim under
2. photographic evidence of the defect or damage, where applicable;
3. your order id. and any other proof of purchase; and
4. any other details we may need to process your claim.
10. If you are entitled to make a claim under this warranty, Customer Service will provide
you with instructions as to how the goods are to be returned at our expense (you will
either be reimbursed for standard postage or, for larger items, we will organise a courier
to collect the item). Unless otherwise required by law, you will bear any other costs
incurred in making a claim under this warranty.
11. Where a purchased item is damaged or defective at time of delivery, you must contact
Customer Service before using the item. Customer Service will provide further assistance
in relation to making your claim under this warranty.
12. You must comply with all return instructions provided to you via your registered email
address when making a claim under this warranty.
13. Where goods returned under this warranty are found to not be defective, we reserve the
right of reimbursement by you for retrieval or postage costs incurred by us in relation to
the goods, and a re-stocking fee equal to 20% of the purchase price of the good paid
(being our estimate of our reasonable costs incurred as a result). In such cases, you agree
that we may hold your goods until such payment is received by us.
14. This warranty will not apply in circumstances where:
1. the goods have not been installed, maintained, operated or used in accordance
with the manufacturer’s instructions or any other specifications provided with the
2. where damage or defects are caused by deliberate or negligent misuse or abuse,
physical alteration, fire, liquid spillage, use of incorrect voltage, power surges or
dips, thunderstorm activity, force majeure, voltage supply problems, tampering or
unauthorised repairs by any persons, use of defective or incompatible accessories,
computer viruses, corrosive conditions or introduction by an insect, pest or other
3. where damage results from any third party software or hardware not provided by
4. where items are lost or stolen; and
5. in relation to repairs of batteries, where the batteries have not been used in
accordance with specifications or they expire by normal use.
15. Our liability under this warranty shall not exceed the amount of the purchase price of the
goods or the replacement of the goods with the same or a similar product, and expressly
excludes any additional or consequential loss or damage suffered by you or any third
party to the fullest extent permissible by law.
16. In the event that storage media ordered from us becomes faulty, fails or otherwise
detrimentally affects software or data stored on it, except as required by law, we are not to
be held liable for any loss or damage to the software or data, howsoever arising.
17. You should maintain a backup of all software and data stored on your devices. If you
return media (such as a hard disc drive), whether separately or as a part of a larger
electronic or computing product, to us for any reason, including for replacement or repair,
we will not be responsible for any software or data stored on the media. We make no
representation that we will be able to repair or replace any product without risk to or loss
of the software or data.